1. In sweet communion, Lord, with Thee
I constantly abide;
My hand Thou holdest in Thine own
To keep me near Thy side.
2. Thy counsel through my earthly way
Shall guide me and control,
And then to glory afterward
Thou wilt receive my soul.
3. Whom have I, Lord, in heaven but Thee,
To Whom my thoughts aspire?
And, having Thee, on earth is naught
That I can yet desire.
4. Though flesh and heart should faint and fail,
The Lord will ever be
The strength and portion of my heart,
My God eternally.
5. To live apart from God is death,
’Tis good His face to seek;
My refuge is the living God,
His praise I long to speak.