1. O Lord, I would delight in thee,
And on thy care depend;
To thee in ev'ry trouble flee,
My best, my only Friend.
2. When all created streams are dried,
Thy fulness is the same;
May I with this be satisfied,
And glory in thy Name.
3. No good in creatures can be found,
But may be found in thee;
I must have all things and abound,
While God is God to me.
4. O that I had a stronger faith,
To look within the veil!
To credit what my Saviour saith,
Whose Word can never fail!
5. He that has made my heav'n secure,
Will here all good provide;
While Christ is rich, can I be poor?
What can I want beside?
6. O Lord, I cast my care on thee;
I triumph and adore:
Henceforth my great concern shall be
To love and please thee more.