1. What tho' I cannot break my chain
Or e'er throw off my load,
The things impossible to men
Are possible to God.
2. Who, who shall in thy presence stand,
Or match Omnipotence;
Unfold the grasp of thy right hand
And pluck the sinner thence?
3. Faith to be healed I fain would have,
O might it now be giv'n;
Thou canst, thou canst the sinner save,
And make me meet for heav'n.
4. Bound down with twice ten thousand ties,
Yet let me hear thy call;
My soul in confidence shall rise,
Shall rise and break through all.
5. Thou canst o'ercome this heart of mine,
Thou wilt victorious prove;
But everlasting strength is thine,
And everlasting love.