1. Almighty God, Thy word is cast
Like seed into the ground:
Now let the dew of heaven descend,
And righteous fruits abound.
2. Let not the foe of Christ and man
This holy seed remove:
But give it root in every heart,
To bring forth fruits of love.
3. Let not the world's deceitful cares
The rising plant destroy;
But let it yield a hundredfold
The fruits of peace and joy.
4. Oft as the precious seed is sown,
Thy quickening grace bestow;
That all whose souls the truth receive
Its saving power may know.
5. Nor let Thy Word, so kindly sent
To raise us to Thy throne,
Return to Thee and sadly tell
That we reject Thy Son.