1. Thy Word is like a garden, Lord,
with flowers bright and fair;
And every one who seeks
may pluck a lovely cluster there.
2. Thy Word is like a deep, deep mine;
and jewels rich and rare
Are hidden in its mighty depths
for every searcher there.
3. Thy Word is like a starry host:
a thousand rays of light
Are seen to guide the traveler
and make his pathway bright.
4. Thy Word is like a glorious choir,
And loud its anthems ring:
Though many parts and tongues unite,
It is one song they sing.
5. Thy Word is like an armory,
where soldiers may repair;
And find, for life’s long battle day,
all needful weapons there.
6. O may I love Thy precious Word,
may I explore the mine,
May I its fragrant flowers glean,
may light upon me shine!
7. O may I find my armor there!
Thy Word my trusty sword,
I’ll learn to fight with every foe
the battle of the Lord.
8. *** alt vers
9. Thy Word is like a garden, Lord,
With flowers bright and fair ;
And every one who seeks may pluck
A lovely nosegay there.