1. Spirit divine, inspire our prayers,
and make our hearts your home.
Descend with all your gracious powers --
O come, great Spirit, come!
2. Come as the light -- reveal our need,
our hidden failings show,
and lead us in those paths of life
in which the righteous go.
3. Come as the fire, and cleanse our hearts
with purifying flame.
Let our whole life and offering be
to our redeemer's name.
4. Come as the dew, and gently bless
this consecrated hour.
May barren souls rejoice
to know your life-creating power.
5. Come as the dove, and spread your wings,
the wings of peaceful love,
and let your church on earth
become blessed as the church above.
6. Come as the wind, with rushing sound
and pentecostal grace,
that all the world with joy
may see the glory of your face.